Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mark 16

Well, we have finished reading the Gospel of Mark. The end is may favorite part. I get goosebumps when I read verse 6 where an angel says, "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here."
Because Jesus was not there in the tomb we know he is here with us today in the Holy Spirit. Because he was not there we know he conquered death and promises us new life as well. Although this event happened 2,000 years ago it changes my life even today as I remember the love that brought him to that point and then the power of God to raise him from the dead. This is what we are preparing to celebrate at Easter. (Although we should really celebrate it each day.)
Please comment to me any thought or questions from the Gospel of Mark now that we have read through it. And join me as we begin the Gospel of John tomorrow.

No comments: