Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Easter

Sorry I missed blogging yesterday. I officiated a funeral in Montezuma.

The children did a wonderful job yesterday with their Easter program. If they could just train their pastor better to remember his lines. (You would think I could remember 5 lines.)

One of the songs the kids sang was called "It's Easter" and they say that phrase about a hundred times in the song. Since I have heard them practicing that song for weeks, plus Sonja playing it in the office on her radio to get to know the music, that phrase has been stuck in my head. It is like one of those jingles that you just cannot get out of your mind.

Usually that is annoying, but it has been a blessing to me to continually remember to celebrate Easter. I know Easter is one specific day a year, but as Christians every day should be celebrated as Easter. Every day we need to celebrate that Jesus rose from the dead to defeat death and forgive us of our sins. Every day is a new opportunity to live in the power of the resurrection.

So I hope you will allow the phrase to stick in your mind as well. It's Easter. Let's celebrate and praise our loving God. It's Easter. The tomb is empty and Jesus is alive forevermore. It's Easter.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I would also like to share 2 lines from that same song. "It's Easter, it's a time of promise, it's a time of hope."

Without the hope of the resurrection then Jesus suffering on the cross would not have the impact it does have for us. It would just be a good man suffering on a cross, but because the tomb is empty...

"we have new life, new hope today!"