Monday, April 20, 2009

Followers

I need followers. I shared yesterday about out calling to be disciples and make disciples. One way I want to grow in my making disciples is through this blog. I hope my blog can be a place to get a hold of me and ask questions. I know phone calls, personal conversations, and emails all work as well, but through this blog other people can be discipled along the way. Maybe you will have a question someone else has, but they are not sure how to ask it. Through this blogging community we can learn from one another.
What I would like to see is my new "follower" box fill up. If you read my blog please join the follower group. I am not sure what benefits really come with this gadget yet, but at least we would see that others are listening in on our conversations. So join my followers.
Then I also encourage everyone to ask questions and dig deeper with me. When we are willing to ask questions God works in us and through us. I know I will always have room to grow as a disciple of the Master Jesus, but I continue to follow. He will continue his work of transformation in us until it is complete.
So is/has discipled you? And who are you discipling?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be fun to see who responds to your request. Although it's been great just you and me and occassionaly Helen on here, it would be nice to see some others join in. I know they are out there, silently reading, thinking thoughts they will not share, perhaps even LOL-ing. Come out, come out, wherever you are!
On a serious side...I think a call to disciple others is something that is probably heard by every Christian at some point and yet is probably the easiest call to ignore. There's that, "I don't want them to think I'm preachy" or "I don't want them to feel uncomfortable" or Jamie's favorite, "Wow, she's gone off the deep end with Jesus!" It is a huge leap of faith to speak out to people about your path, it's setting you up for all kinds of stuff. Things like the opening of hearts and minds. Like feeling understood for perhaps the first time. A sense of belonging and a true, deep sensation of that unconditional love that Christ has for us and that we are anxious to return. See, it's not so bad. And after awhile, it gets easier. Sorta like blogging! :-)

Helen said...

Jeanie & James,
I do enjoy our blogging conversations. Where did Jamie go? She used to be one of our chatters on this blog.
James I think it may be confusing to join the blog follower if people are not sure what they are a member of...

Pastor James said...

Pretty much I think it just means you read my blog when you become a follower. I don't even think it contacts you when something has been added to my blog, which is something I wish it did. So you are pretty much just saying you read my blog. If this is incorrect please let me know.

Helen said...

Well, it did not let me know you had responded to my comment. If that answers your question.
I am glad to see you have some followers...