Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation

I thought we had a wonderful service yesterday to honor our graduating seniors. There was a wonderful slide show of our graduates that was very well done. It was an emotional time as I realized this graduation group is part of our first confirmation class here in Williamsburg. So we have been close to these kids ever since we got here. We have watched them grow in their faith and it is hard to believe they are moving on to that next stage in life.
It can be tough to let them go off to college because they will be out on their own making their own decisions. (As if they were not already doing that.) You worry about the decisions they will make. At least I do because I made some bad decisions, but I also saw the bad decisions of others.
At the same time I believe God has some big plans for this group. I see great success in their future because this group is bright and they have been well connected to our church family. So they really should never be out on their own. We are still called by God to be praying for them and supporting them however we can. I hope that as a congregation we can continue our care of our college students to remind them of God's presence.
Join me in remembering these students during their college years, especially during finals, but each and every day. Let's pray God's love and grace is evident in their lives.

No comments: