Monday, February 23, 2009

Hug Time

I shared in my message yesterday that I am not much of a hugger, so I wanted to thank all those who came up after the service and hugged me. It is nice to be missed and I enjoy being picked on because that shows you care.
As I continued to think about embracing Christ and being embraced by him I do not need to look far for a picture of what this looks like. Helen loves to be hugged. She cannot get enough hugs, and so she often has time to just sit with our kids and hold them in her arms. They even have a name for this time, which I will not share because it is their time, but Jamison asks for this special time with his mom.
Although I again am not a big hugger, I can remember the times I have felt the need to crawl into my Heavenly Father's lap and be embraced by him. It as often been in times of pain and hurt. Times of disappointment and depression. I have need his embrace. There were also times of joy and excitement that I had to jump into his arms and celebrate.
Always remember the Lord wants to embrace you in good times and bad. Our Father wants that special time with you daily to hold you close and remind you that he is with you always.

No comments: