Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Experience


I missed blogging last week because I left for vacation, but I still want to focus on Easter. Of course, we celebrate Easter on that one special Sunday each year, but every Sunday is also supposed to be celebrated like "a little Easter." Easter is the celebration of the empty tomb and the risen Messiah, and that should be celebrated every day.
So, what does Easter mean to you? What does Jesus rising from the grave mean to you?
Easter reminds me that God overcomes all things. No matter the hurdle placed before God he can overcome it, even death. This gives me courage when facing obstacles because I know if God wants me to get over it God will make a way for it to happen. This does not mean I sit and wait for God to do everything, but I participate with God in getting over the obstacle.
Easter also reminds me of the great lengths God went through to prove his love for me. It took Jesus giving his life to forgive my sins and his resurrection to show his ability to offer that forgiveness. Sometimes it is hard to believe God would go through all of that for me, but it is true. It is true for you too.
Easter also reminds me that because Jesus is risen and alive he is present with me every day. I can have experiences with God because He is alive and active today. If I will just keep my eyes open God will be present with me in everything I do. I love seeing God work and experiencing his presence.
Without Easter our faith would not be the same. It is because of Jesus' resurrection from the dead that we can know God and his love and grace in our lives. What does Easter mean to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comment about not sititng and waiting for God to do everything but participating with God in getting over obstacles reminds me of that story of the man in the flood. As he's sitting on the roof of his house, he denies all help from people in boats, helicopters, etc because God will save him. He dies in the flood and confronts God as to why he wasn't saved when God responds with I sent boats, helicopters, etc. What else could I do? I think that happens with Christians sometimes. We want God to do all the work and not use our faith as a tool but as a crutch.
I so miss being in church every Sunday. It was a wonderful treat to be there on Easter and I thank my sister-in-law for taking my place here with Donna so I could be there. She'll be back in May so I will see you then!!

Pastor James said...

You have been missed.