Monday, November 24, 2008

Prayers of Thanks

It is that time of year when we focus of being thankful. I almost hate to start listing what I am thankful for because I will have to stop somewhere because there would not be enough time to share everything I am thankful for this year.
I am thankful for two beautiful, healthy children. They bring so much joy into my life. They keep me on my toes and they teach me a lot about love. The only person I am more thankful for is my lovely wife. She keeps putting up with me for some reason, and she continues to bless me with care and support.
I am also thankful for good nights of sleep, frappuccinos and the Nintendo Wii.
Most of all I am thankful for a congregation that is thankful. Yesterday many thanksgivings were shared. Many of the thanks were from people who have faced some challenges recently in their lives and their church family has been there to encourage them. Another thanksgiving that stood out in my mind was a thanksgiving in knowing that no matter what they faced they knew their church family would support them. It is a blessing to have a congregation that knows they will be supported no matter the difficulty or challenge.
I thank God every time I think of you. Is anyone else thankful???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi James, I was also very moved by yesterday's service. the video was amazing and of course, made me teary-eyed. As hard as it was to see ourselves in the old church which I loved, it was just as moving to see the work in prgress of the new church and to see it as it was yesterday, full of music, light and love. One thing that has stuck with me is from the other video you showed. the one withthe little girl giving thanks at the family Thanksgiving dinner. I know as she goes on and on about all the things she is grateful for, the focus is on the comedic way the others in her family are dealing with her ramblings. And it reminds me to be more patient with others as they try to express themselves. It's not always easy to say what's on your heart and sometimes in group prayer I find myself tapping my foot wishing they would just get on with it. Remembering that they aren't talking to me, that it's not my time they are using needs to be my frame of mind. And lastly, I also am thankful for pink, my eyes so I can see, whipped cream, princesses and fairies, and candy. Thanks James and have a great Thanksgiving! Jeanie